Hey friends! Now that it’s that time of year (Christmas season is upon us!), we can be extra festive by enjoying a good cup of hot chocolate. (Yum!)
Why not join us in our Advent celebration and make a cup for yourself, your Bible study group, your friends, and/or your loved ones? If you do, share with us by taking a photo of your cup of hot chocolate and tagging us on your Instagram post. We’ll choose a photo to feature on our Insta!
Here is the recipe: (fills about 2-3 cups/mugs)
- 3 cups whole milk
- ½ tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of semisweet chocolate chips (or ¼ cup of coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate if using a bar)
- For serving: Whipped cream or marshmallows
- Put the milk into a saucepan, and heat it over a medium-high heat to bring it to a simmer (lightly bubbling around the edges but not boiling).
- Add the chocolate chips and cocoa powder into the milk, and whisk frequently, until the chocolate is all melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour this rich, creamy hot chocolate into your mugs, and top with whipped cream or marshmallows to serve.
- Enjoy! :)
Will you enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with your friends and family this season? Tell us below!